Saturday, October 10, 2015

Chai latte


Family gone, heat is on as Santa Ana entertains us as usually in October, and I enjoy the silence of the yard and the view of my .. chicken..
I've been waiting for a while to try this spicy Chai Latte recipe from an old Avotakka with a cinnamon bun and I feel there could not be better occasion than today, sipping some warm tea under the shade of my pine trees, enjoying the last days of summer of 2015.
I think there is nothing that describes better the feeling: "rauhan hetki": a moment of peace..

Whatever your occasion will be, I hope you'll enjoy it!

Ingredients
5 dl (2 cups) water
8 pc of cloves, whole
2 cinnamon sticks
1 tsp minced ginger (you can add a fresh piece of root as well)
1 ts kardamom seeds
2 tbsp Early Grey tea
2 dl milk

Boil the water with the seeds in a pot, and let them brew slowly for 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat, add the tea and let it sit for additional 10 minutes. (If you don't like the bitter taste of the black tea, after boiling let the spices sit for 5 minutes, and add the tea only for the last 3-5 minutes).
Strain the water and add it to a teapot.
Heat up the milk, and mix it to the tea.

Add sugar according to your taste.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment