Saturday, December 26, 2015

Potato side dish

Some family members are not big fans of mashed potatoes, so I tried to be innovative during he holidays.
I wanted to have potato with the broiled duck, plus, I wanted to have some sort of mashed potato, and on top of all I wanted it ready really fast.
This is what the result of my brainstorming was..

Ingredients
golden potatoes
ha;d bunch of parsley, finely chopped
fat & juice saved from the broiled ducj 

I washed two golden potatoes / person, placed them in a plastic bag, and put them in the microwave at highest power for about 20 minutes. (I was expecting to have 11 people for dinner, so I placed 10 middle sized potatoes in a bag, twice, microwave boiled them for 10 minutes each bag separately, and at the end I placed both bags together for another 10).

When ready and I pealed them under running cold water (it was very easy this way), and cleaned them from the black spots (they are bittery and weird tasting).
I prepared a pot and pressed them through a potato press 2-3 at a time.
After having a layer of potatoes, roughly 6 potatoes evenly spread at the bottom, I sprinkled them VERy lightly with salt, a generous pinch of finely chopped parsley, and 3-4 tbsp of the fat & juice saved from the duck (the one I drained after the first hour of baking).
I repeated it three times and let it sit under the lid.

When serving, I lightly scooped roundish balls of potato with a tablespoon, like you'd scoop ice cream, into each plate.

Served immediately.
Bonn appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment