Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Mákos nudli - alias gnocchi with poppy seeds and sorbet


Lazy, lazy, lazy..That kinda sums up my summer cooking on most of these incredibly hot days, but that doesn't stop my teenagers from being hungry.
My summer project is to rehabilitate some of the old fashioned Hungarian dishes, maybe with a modern twist, and let my boys get usedto my childgood favorites.
Today again one favorite, the gnocchi, was served with poppy seeds and sorbet on the side.

Ingredients (serves 3-4)
1 bag home made, or some store bought gnocchi
1/2 cup poppy seeds
1/2 cup sugar

Serving
raspberry sorbet 
lemon sorbet
if you are in Finland, lemon ice cream with liquorice was tried, and matches heavenly

Grind the poppy seeds by themselves or together with the sugar (I used a coffee grinder).
Prepare the gnocchi according to the instructions, or prepare some homemade if you please. Toss them in 1 tbsp of your favorite tasteless! oil, or butter while hot.
Sprinkle generously on the gnocchi, and serve while hot with the cold sorbet on the side.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment